UPDATE FROM FOREST HILLS FAMILY DENTISTRY
OUR OFFICE IS NOW OPEN!!
We hope this post finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
• We ask that you come to your appointment alone to limit the amount of people in our office at a time. If you are under 18 or need a caretaker, one parent/guardian or caretaker may come with you to your appointment. We will not have seating available in our waiting room for additional family members.
•Please wear a mask to your appointment. If you have a parent/guardian or caretaker accompanying you to your visit, they must also wear a mask while in the office. If you do not have a mask, we will be happy to provide one.
• We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
• You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, books, children’s toys, coffee and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
• Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
• Please be on time for your appointment. If you are 5 minutes late, your appointment will be canceled. Arriving on time will allow us to keep our schedule flowing properly with these changes taking place.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 231-845-6313.
We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to our office. Thank you for your support and understanding as we do our part to help minimize the impact of Covid-19 in our community.
Dr. Ruby and Team